Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Question - BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney99

Programmer
May 21, 2002
US
I have a BCM 50 and I am the one that installed it (IT person). I am on System Version 10.0.1.04.136. I was told by the company I bought it for that there is a much newer release. How can I get that and get it upgraded. The seller said he does not have access to the latest release?

I am willing to pay for it, I just need to know how to proceed. Also, is there any other updates I should be concerned about?

Barney

Avaya has changed the licensing platform for initialization. I would contact a Avaya SMB company to inquire about upgrading system. The company will have to be certified in Legacy Nortel. Many companies unfortunately do not provide support due to the units End of Life.
But I am sure there are a couple out there.

Can you recommend such a company? I did a google search and not sure exactly what I am looking for. I have installed 3 BCM's total and the others are still going strong. I have a PRI and am having some delay/echo issues. Was told the latest update would fix that problem.

Thanks - Barney

Bcm50 rel6 is the latest release.

I think you are referring to the latest patches for fixes and bug issues .

You can get them from avaya but you need a login password account.

I have tried to get one of those but I am not setup as a reseller of their product. I will call them tomorrow and see what I need.

Thanks for the advice.

Barney

Oh Sorry, I didn't understand that you just bought it. I would contact Comtech Phones in Bellvue Washington and ask for Chad. They are a huge supporter of BCM still and for a reasonable price should be able to upgrade you.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back