Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Question 406 v2 3.2(61) to 4.1 (15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdc33

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2007
US
Hi all -

I am looking for any advice on a upgrade issue I am having.

System is:
406 v2 PCS11
Manager 3.2 (61)

Steps taken so far:
Unistalled manager
Reinstalled manager 4.1
Upgrade Wizard fails initial check

I thought it was a password issue so with the help of catalyst support reset security settings and system still fails to take upgrade. Tried to not have unit validate and go into offline mode incase it was memory issue but it just fails the initial check when running the wizard.

Catalyst next option was to DTE to the unit and wipe it and bring it back up to see if it will pick up the new version.

I would rather not have to take that step if there is another fix avaliable or I am missing something in the process.

Any feedback would be appreciated. If anyone needs more infromation please let me know.

Thanks all
Greg

If you didn't restart your PC after installing Manager iw will sometimes do that!!

ACS - IP Office Implement

Make sure you go throught the 3.1.999 loader first though, and 3.2.99 loader for all DSv2 expansion modules or you have loads of little issues

Sorry just the modules...your 406 is fine going straight to 4.1.

I did the reboot after the install of Manager and upgrade wizard shows that the 4.1 is aval its just when trying to run it I get the fail initial check, can not upgrade.

** According to the 4.0 documentation things should be fine with what I am trying to do.... I am baffled.

Thanks for those suggestions :) -if you have more please send!

GC

Wrong password

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter - I reset the security settings back to default in order to ensure it was not a PW issue. Do you think it could still be a password problem? It is acting like it is but I thougth the reset back to default would clear that. Is there something else I should be looking for? or doing?

GC

Run monitor and how much memory is in it
Maybe there is a wrong sticker on the back :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

what are you using as a password???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Jamie -

After resetting to the defaults we used: password : all lowercase

GC

The easiest way to test the system password is with Call Status, if you have the wrong password it won't work and it uses the system password not the Service User password.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

After checking how much memory the system has as peter suggests I would reset the System Password just to be sure it is correct

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Make sure the ip address is hard coded into the bottom of manager and it's not using a broadcast address. Also make sure the file path is correct to the manager folder.

Hi Greg,

is it same result from more than one pc with manager 4.1 on it? all the easy things like firewall taken out of the equation? bootp must be ok to see 4.1 avail...?
have found manager can need a restart to kick tftp back into life if left too long. anyone else had similar?
the initial check would suggest what Peter says about the memory/ PCS version not being able to support it. odd if PCS11.?
If you can take a cfg from the system ok, then DTE would be easiest thing. put the cfg back in on completion...
it may highlight the problem at that point also.. as it has a habit of doin on friday afternoons around 5pm.. :) realist.

Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back