Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Procedure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertedmed

Technical User
May 23, 2005
US
Will be going from BE 9.1 to 11d.what is proper way to install version 11d.have the full version of 11d will it be easier to uninstall be 9.1 then install be 11d or just update the be 9.1

Thanks Robert....

If you have scheduled jobs, you're better off just upgrading right onto 11d unless you're willing to recreate all the jobs. The upgrade retains the scheduled jobs, libraries and what not..

Also, just to warn you, on 11D, when you edit a scheduled job and it warns it may impact the other scheduled jobs, it may DROP the job you're editing right out of the scheduled list and you'll have to recreate it again.

I read a user posting on the Symantec forum that Symantec acknowledges this "issue" and it appears that for now - they're doing diddly about it. Watch the jobs you edit.

Also, Remote Agents need a product key of their own so be sure you have the product key IN PLACE for Remote Agents or you will run into problems. Your remote agents have to be upgraded aswell.

Thanks,will upgrade.Another ? Have windows 2000 standard server,can i do this upgrade during work hours(will i need to restart?)or do i do this after we close...

THANKS Robert

I did my upgrade during work hours and was prompted to restart - which I put off for after hours....

Robert

I am looking at upgrading from 9.1 to the latest version - this is due to recently puchasing a x64 storage server that the 9.1 remote agent does not support.

Is there an product upgrade available from 9.1 (including remote agents and exchange agent)or will i have to buy a new "full" version of each?

Also will i need a Remote agent for every server or does one cover them all?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back