Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPGRADE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tottie

MIS
Jan 5, 2003
i have this message when i upgrade from 5.5 to 2000
1. The directory service is not the expected type(Windows2000 Active Directory vs Exchange Directory). Make sure that Windows2000 Active Directory and Exchange Directory services are not listening on the same LDAP port.
2. To pgrade your Microsoft Exchange 5.5 server or to add a new server to an existing MExchange site, the account you are logged as must have Admin permissions on the Site and Configuration objects.
3. Setup has detected that the Organization name of the Exchange Site you are currently trying to join or upgrade does not match the Exchange Organization found in the Active Directory.

Questions:
- how do i check LDAP port, Active Directory, Exchange Directory Services.
- i already have full rights in my windows2000, do i need to configure rights in exchange separately? the account im using is acceptable already in 5.5 but i still have error no. 2. where in exchange server can i check/grants rights
- how do i check and change the Organization name of the Exchange Site tomatch Exchange Organization found in the Active Directory

1. q224447
"XADM: How to Change LDAP Port Assignments in Exchange Server
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5

This article was previously published under Q224447
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to start the LDAP Server Service for ports 389 and 636, after you install Exchange Server on a computer running Windows 2000, you may find the following Event IDs in the Application Event Log.
Event ID: 1306
Type: Error
Source: MSExchangeDS
Description: Register LDAP protocol failed with error 10048. If port number 389 is used by another application, change to an unused port, then shut down and restart Microsoft Exchange Directory Services. Contact Microsoft Support Service if condition persists.

Event ID: 1309
Type: Error
Source: MSExchangeDS
Description: Register LDAP SSL protocol failed with error 10048. The LDAP SSL server is not available. Make sure port number 636 is not used by another application. "

2. When you install EX2000 the user must be a member of the Domain Admins, assuming that "/Forestprep" has already been executed. To run /Forestprep the user must belong to "Enterprise" and "Schema" admin groups

3. Open the Exchange system manager and check the properties of the root. It should match the AD. If you need to handle mail for a different address add a SMTP virtual server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back