Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade of Citrix License Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrey

MIS
Apr 11, 2007
US
I need to upgrade the Citrix License Server software. Can I do the upgrade while users are connected to the server? does it need a restart after the upgrade is done?

Thanks.

What are you "upgrading" the server OS?

You should be able to reboot the server - users should be ok once they are already logged in.

If you are talking about adding licenses - or upgrading the license - yes

Hi,

I was refering to the Citrix License Server software, not the OS of the server. I already did the upgrade, and yes, it can be done while the users are working in the server, and it does not require a reboot after the installation is finished.

Thanks for your help any way.

Be aware that you will also need to install the latest service rollup otherwise your app servers wont take logons. Learnt that the hard way!

Thanks for the advise. That is actually the reason why I am upgrading the Citrix License Server, Rollup 6 requires a newer version of the license server that what I had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back