Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade/Migration from sccs4.2 to NCCS 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichie13

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
CA
We currently have a SCCS4.2 on a win2000 and need to upgrade to a new server w2k3 and NCCS 6.0. Server is set to specs but when we do the install with migration option selected and the upgrade stops at the database restore option, has anyone run in to this issue upgrading to rel 6.0?

Thanks

Wichie

What order are you doing it in? CCMS isn't supported on W2K, so I guess you'd need to migrate 4.2 SCCS to W2K3 first.

DD

Make sure that you have put the contents of the prd in to the correct directory on the D: drive before you start.

The database has to be structured correctly to accept the restore.

The prd files are on the d drive under oldprd. I am wondering if it is an issue that our old server was w2k and the new one is w2k3. I don't think we can uprade the old server to w2k3 like you can upgrade a client server.?

What you do is take the database backup of SCCS 4.2 and store it either on Tape Drive or Shared Network drive

Then you start CCMS 6.0 migration on the new server and during the Database Restore, you point it the location where you saved SCCS 4.2 database.

As long as you follow NTP, there should be no issues

And yes, CCMS 6.0 goes ONLY on Windows 2003

I do have the backup on a network drive but I still get a db failed message everytime. I have done another backup and had the same problem again. Is there any known issues with using a dell as the server?I have no virus scan, or any other third party software.

Did you setup the user account?

For example, user account "Backup" should be created on new CCMS server and the PC where the backup is.

Also, this account has to have admin priveleges and on CCMS server in Local Security Policy it needs to be addad as Logon as Service

Also if you changed to password on your ngensys account...make sure you make the password on the MAS backup/restore service the same.

The backup was not a part of admin, I will retry.
The newer ntp for ccms (dec 2006) states that 4.2 is not compatable to 6 and you need to upgrade the orginal server to 5 before migrating the new one to 6??????

Well I swear in our past attempts the admin rights where on the backup account. I have made it past this stage FINALLY! Yeah the db restore worked.... on to the next hurdle......

Thanks

Well here is my next issue, I have formatted and reinstalled win2003 from our previous attempts as we ended up with the LM 10 day grace period running out during all the issues (none of us where aware of it myself or the provider) and they thought this would clear it up so we could start new. well everything is installed and patched to the current ccms levelsand when I logged on to the SU i got a grace error stating 0 days/0 hours left. Is this thing buried deeper then the reg, and on the fat or something?????? Help, even though my interconnect is just as at fault they do not want to get a code from Nortel......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back