Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade License Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaelGrande

Technical User
Jul 4, 2012
BR
Hello Guys!

I´ve been out of IPO world for a while and my company have just decided to dive in this world again.

We started by requesting Avaya an upgrade for our demo kit (actually at R8.0). We received our brand new 9.1 upgrade license but only then i noticed that our demo kit (bought at R5) uses a V1 Control Unit.

I already informed my superiors of the necessity of acquiring a new chassis / sd card in order to support the R9.1. What im wondering is about the the possibility that the 9.1 upgrade license would allow me to upgrade my system to R9 while the money guys dont make the decision.

In a nut shell: Is an R(X) upgrade license enough to grant any R(X-n) system upgrade?

Thnx in advance.

Yes, R9.1 license allows you to upgrade to any release up to and including 9.1

Ty for the reply mforrence!

The Avaya Channel Sales Engineer responsible for our region told it would not be possible, but it seemed awkward IMO.

I think he wanted to tell you that it will not be possible to upgrade the V1 Chassis up to 9.1

Indeed, you cannot upgrade an IP500v1 to 9.1
But if you have a real demo system then swap the licenses to a new dongle and pull an IP500v2 form your stock and use the power demo form to request the new 9.1 licenses.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hello derfloh, im pretty sure he was talking about the ugrade to previous versions. Old matter, anyway.

Peter, we are coming back to telephony now, so we dont have stock. But i believe that soon i can convince the money owners to buy the parts fot that purpose.

Ty all for the responses.

Be aware that a power demo unit is around 2500 euro's and then you get all kind of licenses.
If you buy this all separately you will pay a lot more.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back