Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade IPO 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gugs

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I have an IPO 1.3 do I need to upgrade to 1.4 or can I go stright to 2.0? Any help would be appreciated.

I've done a number of upgrades direct from 1.3 to 2.1. Make sure if it's a 403, you go up to 1.99 first (install the 2.1 manager and change the working dir to 1.99 dir). Then upgrade to 2.1.

Always have your console cable just in case!

Recommend upgrading to Version 2.1

You do not mention which IP Office model you have

All models of IP office except the IP 403 can simply upgraded by running the upgrade wizard program , found in the Manager directory.

Upgrade procedure different for IP Model 403

Firmware upgrade has to be done in 2 steps

Once you have installed the Admin applications you will find 2 sub directories in the Manager directory

Copy Version 1.99 bin file to the Manager directory.

Run upgrade wizard. Must ensure available upgrade BIN file is version 1.99.

This version upgrades the box with a temporay image.

Once loaded simply copy the BIN file from the Version 2.x subdirectory to the Manager directory,overwriting the Version 1.99 file and rerun the upgrade wizard.

You can then upgrade all of the modules attached to the IP office unit.

I just been to a site today with 1.2 on it!!

Anyone gone straight to 1.99 from 1.2? Or do I need to go to 1.3? Anyone done?

I've not done it but I see absolutely no reason why you cannot go straight to 1.99 (if a 403) then to 2.1

Peter

I was told by Avaya that you should always upgrade to a 1.4, then 1.99, then to whatever other release for IP Office 403's. I have never tried doing it otherwise, but would be interested if you do it, whether it works or not.

Avaya would recommend going to 1.4 for safty. However the structure of the cfg appears to be verry robust skiping over unrecognised parameters & defaulting missing ones.

Provided you have a backup CFG I would not expect to have any problems going staight to V2.1 or beond even from a 1.0 system.
(obviously V1.99 is required for an IP403 befor V2+ is instaled.)

With a saved copy of the CFG you can always reverse the procedue & downgrade to the previous release in the event of a problem

Thank you for all your input. This helps me move ahead. By the way my IPO is a 403 so thanks for the extra step(V 1.99).

You may also want to check my FAQ 940-5354

Why upgrades go wrong & how to fix it.

Thanks for the FAQ. It was full of good info.

Question? I have an IP Office 403 on 1.3 I want to upgrade. I know I need to bring it to 1.99 before trying to bring it to 2.1 or 3.x, but I can't find the 1.99 version on the Avaya website.

Will someone direct me to the 1.99 version download?

You need to look on a 2.0/2.1 Admin CD (or download the image of one of those CD's). When installed, the Manager program has a sub-folder called IP403V1_99 that contain the 1.99 .bin file. If upgrading you'd need the newer Manager anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back