Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade IP412 1.3 --> 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NevsR1

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
BE
Hello,

I know that it's not a good idea to do an upgrade from 1.3 to 3.2 in onde step.
But is it oke if i'll do it like this:
1.3 -> 2.1() -> 3.1() -> 3.2(53)
It's the first step that i am not sure about. Maybe i should go to 2.0() first, but i can not find the bin files from a 2.0 version.

Thanks.

Upgrade to 3.2.53 succeeded beautiful ;p, was i glad.
They wanted this version for the use of the phonemanager (user tab), and that was about it.
It was an IP412 with a PRI and 6 analog 30 expansions. I had to put in another PRI in Slot A. after this the lan ports behaved very strange, loss of their connection. I did a DTE reset, then it kept rebooting, i did another reset, then it rebooted as soon as i plugged in a Lan connection. After the third reset i succeeded to upgrade it to 1.4 - 2.0 - 2.1 - 3.0 -3.1 - 3.2. I know i could skip some steps, but it just feld better. After this i upgraded the 6 Analog modules direct to 3.2.
Thanks for the many replies!!
Greetz.

I always go 1.4>2.0>2.1>3.0>3.1>3.2 plus others where needed. Makes me feel better (and is an excuse to sit around coffee!!!)

I suppose this is from my INDeX days when you had to go through every s/w level

upload s/w:upload d/b:download d/b:upload s/w:upload d/b..............

very painful @9600!!!!!

They were the days!

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

We also have a couple of INDeX guys....
But they have trown away that old routine now! :)

We only use intermediate steps if the loader needs an upgrade. Works perfect!

i follow the steps outlined in each ga release pdf for upgrading to that ga release. then get the pdf out for the next ga release, and do that again, until i get to the release i want to be at. i take them one ga release upgrade at a time, and that may not be what everyone does. i however have never had a dte cable on a system yet, and have done so many upgrades i can not count them anymore. easily hundreds without ever having to dte one yet, so i am gonna stick with what i have found works, and works well.

it may take more time, but having never had to get out a dte cable, i think i have saved some time as well. it makes sense that each ga release upgrade to the next ga release was documented, and tested more thouroughly than trying to use any shortcuts. my cohorts that tell me they do not do this, also tell me they have using a dte cable down pat as they have done it many times. that experience, i am happy to do without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back