Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from8.5 to 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkatLMFJ

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2006
US
Howdy All,

We've been advised by our point of sale vendor to upgrade from Pervasive 8.5 to 9.0 (or whatever teh latest one is).

I can't find any docs that really describe how to upgrade, just a lot of stuff telling me if I have files over this size then they'll be able to get to this other bigger size now.

Anybody have a good reference about a track to upgrade with?

Mark

To upgrade the PSQL engine all you need to do is install the new version. The PSQL 9 install will archive the old version when it installs. You'll need to install the server and then the clients.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

....things to watch out for

....compatibility issues

....security chagnes to keep in mind?

any gotchas etc

Most of the compatibility issues are in the application itself. If your vendor is telling you to upgrade, then they've worked out any compatibility issues.
PSQL 8.5 introduced the new security model offered by PSQL and v9.5 still supports it and fixes some problems.

Make sure you've got Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware disabled when you run the install.

That's about all I can think of..

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back