Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade from win XP home edition to winXP pro, can't connect internet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizuyp

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
Hello,
After my windows installer did not work, i installed my win xp again and upgrade the HOme Edition to Professional. Then my network connection disappeared. I tried to add connection and it said that "cannot load Remote access connection manager. Error 711..."
I did try to reinstall SP1 but it doesn't work.
Please help me out of this, thank you so much,

go to this website and read up on the error. This will get you started and closer to where you need to.

Just trying to help
bo.spruell@klinecr.com

When installing win xp pro and upgrading from home edition, trying to connect to the internet might get error 711. I found a quick easy way to resolve this was going to Run and typing Regedit, and deleting the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\25

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\26

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan

On the File menu, click Export.
In the File Name box, type exported rasman key, and then click Save.
In the RasMan key, locate and then click the ObjectName string value.

If this value is not set to LocalSystem, On the Edit menu, click Modify.
In the Value data box, type LocalSystem, and then click OK.

Locate and then double-click the keys to delete (25, 26) and click edit delete for each of them.

That worked for me...hope it helps

**********I should say that you only delete keys 25 and 26, not the whole directory as it appears to be in my previous message!!!*********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back