Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from SP5 to SP6a on Raptor 6.5 Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamishS

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
NZ
Hi,
Has anyone done this?
I know that its not reccommended, but I`m wanting to apply the security patch from microsoft for the W.Blaster worm.
Being microsoft, it will only work if the server is on 6a.
I also know there is a workaround for the bug in 6a, that comes with raptor 6.5 software, trouble is, I don`t have the original symantec software disks avaliable.

So, has anyone upgraded from service pack 5, to service pack 6a on an NT4.0 firewall with Raptor 6.5 installed?

Cheers.

I tired it with 6.5 and the server crashed. I was so glad I chose the option to backup and save existing server settings and configurations. I was glad I had a contract at the time, I was told by support(Raptor/Symantec) that before you install any OS service pack you uninstall the firewall to do it correctly. If you do not have the software, I would not advise making sure you antivirus software is up to date and stays up to date.

Cool,

I`d basically given up on this, as the firewall is becoming more and more unreliable.
Moving to checkpoint instead.
Thanks for your input!

I would go for a Nokia box, but I can't make the business case for, so I have to stay with the Raptor for a years more. Raptor was a great firewall ones, but that's a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back