Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Office 2000 to Office XP (Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooksF

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
US
Here's the problem, I'm on a network were we are experimenting with upgrading to Office XP from Office 2000. I've established a training lab to stimulate the pros and cons to upgrading. I've one computer unit that has Outlook 2000 with my profile sent up on it (personal folders, inbox, etc.)and on the other hand I've got a computer unit with Outlook XP setup with the same information. Now here's where the interesting part comes into play. Our information is stored on a network server so when I go onto my Outlook XP profile I press F5 and it goes into this mode called "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" were it syncs up and updates all the mail that it's in my Outlook XP (By the way this mail is in my Outlook 2000 profile). Now when I go back to the Outlook 2000 profile I have no messages in my inbox. Then I go over to the Outlook XP profile it has transferred all of it over to this computer. My question is how do I have duplicate mail in both profiles. Or is there a way to reverse this process and transfer mail from Outlook XP via to Outlook 2000.

I have both and they always have been exactly the same.
Are you sure the delivery isn't set to deliver mail to personal folders on one?

But is your sceniro the same as mine. What I mean by this is, whether your units are hooked up on a LAN with 3000+ users, with multiple exchange servers? We've checked various things such as the groups that individuals that have this ability are in and thus far no luck. Any other insight to this problem that we are experiencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back