Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from NT/2000 Domain To 2003 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

superco7

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
US
I just finished an upgrade from a mixed NT/2000 Domain to a 2003 Active directory domain, and some of the existing PCs seem to be having connectivity issues with the new domain contorllers. I have been getting Access Denied when trying to access shares on the Domain controllers. The PCs are a mix of NT, and 2000 Professional and are all workstations. The same user account works fine from other workstations. I have tried removing them from the domain, and adding them back in and I have tried deleting the computer accounts and recreating them, but have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am not sure if you have already done this when removing them from the domain, but I had the same problem and took each pc out of the domain and added it to a workgroup before rejoining it to the domain again. Before doing this some of them had connection problems even though they would seem to connect intermittently. This worked and now the domain is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back