Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Mermail 13 to CallPilot 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
We're upgrading from Mermail 13 to CP 4.0 this Friday night. I need to give our management an idea of how long the system will be down while we backup the mailboxes & messages on Mermail to tape and restore them on CallPilot. Is there any way to estimate the downtime required for the cutover based on the following Mermail stats?

189 mailboxes
Data: 46464 kb
Voice: 263296 kb (32:18 hours)

The applications are already built on the CP server and we're doing the mailbox migration as the final step.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Greg

If you already have the CallPilot up and running it should take no more than 4 to 6 hours. The migration guide has all the processes that you will need.

i did my migration from mm13 to cp 3 with 1800 mailboxes with a 2 hour window and had 10 minutes to spare.. your not down on mermail while you make the migrations tape.. you boot mail (i did that early), then goto tools, you'll have the migrate option.. that took forever.. 3 plus hours..so i did that reboot a week early, started the migration at 4 am, grabbed that tape (mail is still up with menu's) after those were in mail, power down the mermail.. boop the cp, out the old acd, put the cdn in, go through the config wizard, because we reused the answer dn.. i had built the acd group for voice mail with a new number for a control dn.. that tested my cp.. after the config wizard i booted into service.. about a 6 hour run.. under two out of service..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks very much for the replies. We only have 188 mailboxes so I'm hoping it won't take too long. I appreciate your help.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back