Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 - 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mairving

MIS
Jul 7, 2002
US
I am just about to get started in upgrading an Window NT Server 4.0 with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000. It is not an in-place upgrade but a new machine. The Exchange 5.5 server has some problems with the database. I have had to repair the database once because of errors. Currently I have 2 users who are having problems with Exchange folders. One can't open their deleted items folder. The other can't open their send items folder. It is server related since it is not machine specific.

So the main question is how best to accomplish this upgrade without losing data but also clearing out any errors like this?

repair the database
C:\exchsrvr\bin
run eseutil and isinteg
hey presto

I just answered this sort of in a previous post, here's how we did it (ahh cut and paste)
"If it's any help, we upgraded from 5.5 to 2000/AD, we ran a tool on the 5.5 to convert them all to exported files, the re-imported them onto a newly created 2000 server, which worked really well, leaving the old server as backup and starting afresh on a new AD 2000 server, the rest is just 2000 AD work. Maybe not exactly what you were after, but I hope it helps."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back