Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from CallPilot 1.07 to 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakbuddy

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
trying to convince the college to purchase the latest release what are it's advantages?

thanks,
-bb.

runs better, cleaner.
web interface to make admin changes instead of FAT Client.
1.07 is quickly becoming unsupported.
runs better, cleaner (did I already say that)

I have noticed in all the places I have serviced, that it is very hard to change something that is working. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". And you are working for a school, which makes it even harder.

I have seen 1.07 run on succession 3.0 with no problems, and I have seen 1.07 run with nothing but problems. I think it all depends on the intitial installation and the server hardware integrity when installed.

John

Why upgrade to 2.2 when 3.0 is available and 3.5 is coming soon.

The major advantages in 3.5 is that it will be windows 2003 platform in the bottom (if that's an advantage), higher security relating to hotfixes and patches that won't be available on 1.07 soon. That is if nortel comes with 4.X version planned Q2 in 2005. Better remote management. Web administration without having a client installed on computer. Better backup routines. That's what I got to contribute with.

i2007

thanks! i'll add to my list of reasons.

-bb.

hi,,,
how i do recovery the callpilot password...? thanks yuo.
tabscob

from the support tools menu. but you need the TAS password to do this.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back