Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from Access 97 to Access 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddman

MIS
May 22, 2001
US
I am attempting to script up a database that was built in Access 97 up to Access 2000.

The database works fine on Windows 98 - Access 97, but when I attempt to open it in Windows 2000 - Access 2000 it ask me to convert the database to Access 2000. When I say yes, it begins to convert the database but bombs on a particular form "An error occured loading the form ... Do you want to continue. If you hit yes, it kicks you out. Then I get "The visual basic for applications project in the database is corrupt"

When I go into this form in the database, it appears to work fine and functions correctly.

Any ideas where I can go from here to debug this form which it apparently does not like??

Open the form in design view and select View->Code to open the code window.

In the code window select Debug->Compile and Save all Modules. This will check each code module in the db and report on any errors it finds.

HTH
Lightning

Hi, Muddman!

This situation is known for me. I agonized more then two weeks until I solve this problem.

1. Create balnk Access 2000 DB.
2. Import all objects (forms, reports, tables, macros, quries) from Access 97 DB (severally each object collection). If error occur import severally each DB object of this group) and check for variances of this object.
3. Modules I copied and pasted as simple text. Later it's possibly to debug its and repair errors of them.
4. I had problems with custom function IsLoaded (it was implemanted from Microsoft sample DB Nothwind.mdb. I renamed this function to IsLoaded0 by <Ctrl+H> (option &quot;Current project&quot;)
5. Create all necessary references (VBA Window).

Access 97:
Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library (dao350.dll)
Microsoft Common Dialog Controls 6.0(???) (comdlg32.ocx)
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP3) (comctl32.ocx)

accordingly
Access 2000:
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library (dao360.dll)
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP4) (MSCOMCTL.OCX)

If your application have ActiveX controls objects (like TreeView, ListView, Calendar etc.) it's useful that you'll be changed these objects to newer version with same names (see above). In such case Access 2000 will be created references to needed libraries automaticaly. Of course you can use earlier versions of ActiveX controls (but if you have not both Access versions on same mashine, these libraries would miss). Don't forget refresh all properties of old controls.

I hope I can help you.
Good luck!
Aivars

This problem can be solved by putting SR1 service pack for office 2000. I had the same problem and found an article in the microsoft knowldge base with these error messages. Doing the upgrade on a computer that had SR-1 on it solved the problem.

Hi, bobsg!
SR1 don't solve all import problems.
Aivars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back