Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from 7.0 to 10.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

desphoneguy

Vendor
Sep 29, 2005
CA
We have a customer that we want to upgrade from 7.0 to 10.1, the required licenses have been purchased based on the XML we download from the existing system

I understand that it will be a two step process. However in the instructions it states to load the licenses before the upgrading. The issue is that the new licenses came in an XML format and the existing rel of 7.0 will not allow the install of te XML files.

Any ideas on how to load the licenses?

Unfortunately, an upgrade from 7.0 to 10.1 requires more than 2 steps, rather 5 steps

1.Rls 7.0 to 8.1.65 or higher this stage increases the boot loader of an old chassis lower than PCS 14
2.Rls 8.1.65 or higher to Rls 9.0
3.Rls 9.0 to Rls 9.1
4.Rls 9.1 to Rls 10.1
5.Last upload XML license upon file at Rls 10.1 config

That's strange the docs indicate to upgrade Rls 8.1.65 or to Rls 9.0 then to 10.1???

Recently upgraded one last weekend. Those were my steps. Job complete.

So are the DOCS wrong or was that just the steps you took??

Docs are sometimes misleading.
Again these were my steps,base on other experiences express by fellow forum participants.
Give it a try and report back. Good luck.

8.1.95 to 11 can be done so no more steps needed.
I think that infonaut did a bit more then needed.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

We attempted our upgrade, actually 2 different location upgrades

Upgrade 1 at site 1:
7.0 to 9.0 to 10.1

Upgrade 2 at site 2:
8.1.65 to 10.1

When we attempted to enter the XML file on the 10.1 we received the same error at both sites "http request failed 401 unauthorized

Did the 7.0 upgrade also require an Essentials license or did it generate a virtual license with the upgrade to 9.0? I'm looking at doing the same thing.

I have done a lot of upgrades last months and I first upgrade to 9.0 and then to the desired release which can be 9.1, 10., 10.1 or 11
Never had any problem (if there is no UCM :( )

We find the easiest way is to either replace or remove and re-configure the SD card onto the correct new software level. Then power down the system and insert the new SD card. When the system is powered up the system will automatically upgrade through the steps to the level on the SD card. You can then also if you want name the xml file as PLDSKeys.xml and add it to the primary folder before putting it back into the system to pre-licence it.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back