Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrade from 6.1.1 to 7.1.2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevkar

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I am a new backup admin and was assigned to upgrade our sun server - solaris 2.6 running networker 6.1.1 to 7.1.2 - is that recommended and what are the steps involved.
I was told to go to 6.1.4 by another admin before I go to 7.1.2 - is that true. Thanks in advance

There is no technical reason why you should not upgrade to 7.1.2 or 7.2 (the current version). However, there might be other reasons (software compatibility, discovered bugs etc.)
which the other admin remembered.

If memory serves me right there was some issues with the 7.1.2 version. Something with scandinavian characters and exchange backups. Not sure if it was just for the client side thou.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions - I will upgrade the OS first, to Solaris 9 before I go to NW 7.2 because Solaris 2.6 is not compatible with NW 7.x. - it has to be Solaris 8 and above.
I really appreciate everyone's input.

like snaffe said:

there are issues with spezial characters in savesets
with legato 7.1.2 / exchange mailbox backup
(saveset "MSEXCH:MB/<mailboxname with umlaut>")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back