Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from 5.0 to 8.0 firmware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewin740

Technical User
Sep 2, 2005
US
Folks, If i upgrade my IP500 V1 5.0 into firmware 8.0, which of my existing licenses below i can still use?

Phone Manager Pro IP Audio Enabled (users)
CCC PC Wallboards
CCC Server
CCC Agents
CCC Supervisors
Microsoft CRM Integration (users)
VMPro Database Interface
VMPro TTS (Scansoft)
Conference Center
VMPro TTS (Generic)
IP500 Upgrade Standard to Professional
Advanced Small Community Networking
DECT Integration (ports)
Integrated Messaging
Voicemail Pro (4 Ports)
Small Office Edition WiFi
VMPro VB Script
IPSec Tunnelling
IP500 Voice Networking Channels
SIP Trunk Channels
eBLF
SoftConsole (users)
CTI Link Pro
Wave User
Phone Manager Pro (per seat)
VMPro Networked Messaging
Compact Business Center
AUDIX Voicemail
VMPro Recordings Administrators
Mobility Features
VPN IP Extensions
Mobility Features
IP500 VCM Channels
IP500 Universal PRI (Additional channels)

right because im feeling happy because its easter and you need help.

ccc is dead you need a ccc - ccr upgrade licence to do the job

IP500 Upgrade Standard to Professional,,,not required anymore

apart from that i dont belive you know your ear from your elbow as far as IPO is concerned and im not getting you any deeper into that specific mire, except to say nothing will work without the one licence you are missing that you have never bought and unfortunatly will now not be able to unless you purchase the following ,you will have to upgrade everything to the IPOV2 R8 upgrade package
Including hardware and everything including the r8 to R 20 upgrade kit.
Then upgrade the VMpccRXrn to the revision 2, firmware, but that said with a bit of google who knows.

Goog Luck Monty

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I'm no Expert by far though Monty is Right. You cannot upgrade a v1.0 IPO to R8. I would also believer you cannot upgrade it a R7 without some issues. R8 I believe is only supported on the IPOffice 500 v2 hardware. Of which some of the Modular components would also need to be upgraded to support the v2 Hardware. After that, you will need to deal with the Licenses.

Not true. You can upgrade an IP500V1 to 8.0
it seems like you have a demo system.
Who sold you that?
Those systems are not for sale!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'm just a noob going by what my telco told me. )-: Serves me right for listening to the Telco! Scoundrels!

I'm new to IP Office and not too knowledgeable on the older releases. I have an IP Office 500 4.2(4) and I need to go to R8 essential with SIP, I’m not sure what mode I’m running. Please help..
Can I use the 202959 IPO LIC IP500 IPO STD UPG TO PRO then 267792 IPO LIC UPG R8.0 or can I jump straight to the upgrade to R8 by using the 267792 only?
Do I need to add the 267786 IPO R8+ ESSNTL EDITION+ LIC also?
Would any hardware Smartcard/SD feature key or control unit need to be replaced?
Can I move to R7 then R8 by using the 262644 IPO LIC UPG R7.0 then the 267792?

Okay, so I contacted another Avaya Partner today. Gave them my System Specs and said I wanted to go from R5.0.26 to the later R8..

They are also saying I need to Upgrade to a IPO500v2 Chassis to get R8.

The other questionable thing was they say I need to Buy a License for all of my 5610/5621 (IP Phone sets)....

Seems like I'm getting Taken, AGAIN! Is there someone reputable out there?

http://imgur.com/4bRjr
Sure is, the problem you have is that you end up talking to either sales or a rookie. IP500 V1 can do R8 like a riddle and tlpeter said before.
best would be to talk to a BP and get a tech to do it for you then you get it done right and can watch and learn.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

What about the IP Endpoint Licenses for my existing 5610 IP Phone sets? With R5, I did't need any licensing to get the H.323 extensions for them. Will I now need the Licenses for R8?

I'm comfortable doing the Upgrade once I know I have all the Proper Parts and Pieces.

Just sad that I ask for a quote for a what I thought was a Simple Upgrade, that does not seem to be that much , $400 at the most in Licenses (for 2 systems) and I get a Quote for $11,500!

Yes you do need IP endpoint licenses for your 56xx phones.
If you have IPDect then each dect phone needs such a license too.
The upgrade license for more then 32 extensions or expansion modules is $199 each.

BAZINGA!

So I will need the upgrade license for more then 32 extensions or expansion modules
AND a License for each Physical IP Phone or for each H.323 Extension?

For Physical IP Phones, I'm going yo go with
84 in Office A
50 in Office B
I think that most are 5610 units, with maybe 10 5621 and 10 4610.

You cannot go by Extensions, Or I hope not?!?! You need Extensions for Analog Lines as well as doing funny things with calling remote numbers via Short codes. Also when a Office B user Logs into the Office A System, It creates a Extension for their Extension, even though its still using the same Physical IP Phone. Seems odd that we's need an IP License for the same phone for the 5 people that log into it from Office B.

So for each office, this
267792 IPO LIC UPG R8.0
and some combo of these:
229444 Office AV IP Endpoint 1
229445 Office AV IP Endpoint 5
229447 Office AV IP Endpoint 20

It goes by physical devices not extn numbers or users.

Also don't forget if you have existing VCM channel licences then for each 1 you get 3 endpoint licences as well as 12 just for a VCM 32/64 card.

So if you have a VCM 32 and you have an additional 4 channel VCM licence, then you get 12 for the card (3x the 4 VCM channels the card first came with) plus another 12 (3x the 4 VCM channel licence) so that would be 24 endpoints already covered.

Legacy VCM cards is 3 per channel the card provides so a VCM 30 would give 90 endpoint licences :)

A phone (extension) needs a license, not a user.
So a user can login on a phone on the other site.

BAZINGA!

Is that a H.332 Extension, or a Physical Phone tied to a H.323 extension??

Our Extension listing in Manager says we have 206 Extensions.
21 are Analog, 2 are SIP the rest are H.323, though there are not more than 84 Physical IP Phones connected to the system. that leaves 99 that don't have a Physical Device attached to them. Do I need to License those too? )-:

Just a physical Avaya H323 IP phone!! Analogue and digital are not licenced (it's not a Mitel), any 3rd party IP or SIP device is the same licence it's always been, a 3rd party endpoint licence :)

You probably have "auto create extension" turned on.
When a phone is plugged in and an extension is set from this phone and later removed or changed then this extension number will still be there.

BAZINGA!

If its just a Physical IP Phone, then seems like it would work like the SIP extensions I create. If I create one without a License It give me a Error in the COnfig saying I don't have a License for it.

Is this going to be the case for the H.323 extensions? We do have some Desks that are Floaters for Sales and Support. So one Physical phone, though 6 different people will float in and log in as their Extension.

So I'm not sure what I Need... )-:

Hotdesking users don't need any extn creating, if you have done this using SIP extensions then they can be deleted as they are not required, only when using phantom users for forwarding etc do we recommend you create an extn to go with it, but even then use h323 not SIP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back