Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from 4.2 to 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislyon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2007
US
We have to upgrade from SCCS 4.2 to CCMS 6.0. I hear it's quite a bit better. We never installed the web client for reporting, still using the fat client. Will be glad to see that go away. Will I need that 2nd server for the web client with 6.0 or is everything incorporated into one server now? Any recommendations for servers, Dell, HP? We have 92 agents and 12 supervisors.

thanks.

Dennis

Depending on your size and complexity, you can run both Contact Center Manager Server (CCMS) and Contact Center Manager Administrator (CCMA, the web client) on one co-resident server or two separate servers.

Your Nortel vendor can run the Nortel Capacity tool to verify is a co-resident configuration is possible.

That said, I always recommend two servers. It is more stable and easier to repair/restore with two separate servers. The CCMA may need to be rebooted and if you have a co-resident configuration, now you're talking about the CCMS being taken down as well.

We're doing the same upgrade.

I'm not an administrator, just the reporting dudette - great idea Miles! Although I've never seen proof, I've been told by my previous IT department that my running a complex custom report slows down the system (I don't know how) - but take precaution if you do have a lot of reporting, especially complex queries/views, and reports running occur frequently during production hours then it's probably best to have it in a different server.

Thanks for the info. Is there any reason why the CCMA cannot run on a virtual server?

Follow the Nortel specs, don't try to reinvent them. They have spent alot of money getting this product to work. No need for you to waste time and money trying to get something to work. You will not get support from Nortel if you do not follow the specs.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Hardware is cheap nowadays. I strongly suggest running CCMS and CCMA on separate servers.

defo agree with CCMSGuru - would also recommend build your cc6 environment completely separate from your 4.2 environment just in case.... We had a few issues and had to revert back a couple of times before we got it stable. Make sure that all your patches are upto date as well

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Co-residency is necessary if you want to run the Nortel toolbox (NCCT). It requires you have both CCMS and CCMA on the same server as well as NCCT. This will be for screen pops, database filtering etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back