Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayIT

MIS
Apr 3, 2002
US
Hello,

I have an exchange 2000 (standart edition)running on a windows 2000 server (standart edition).

Can I upgrade that server to windows 2003 enterprise and then to exchange 2003 enterprise? or do I have to do a clean install?

Thanks

The correct process would be to upgrade to Exchange 2003 and then to Windows 2003 server. Windows 2003 server does not support Exchange 2000.

I would suggest that you research the option of upgrading to Windows 2003 server. I would only do this if you need a specific function available in Windows 2003 Server.

For additional information, google for MS Exchange in place upgrade.

Scott

Thanks for the answer. Do you know if I can upgrade from Exchange 2k standart edition to Exchange 2k3 enterprise edition?

I believe that you can. You will have to remove a few Exchange 2000 componets that are not supported by Exchange 2003 before the upgrade.

I just completed an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 Ent to Exchange 2003 Ent with no problems.

If no Exchange 5.5 servers are present make sure you remove the Exchange Active Directory connector. Also IM is not support with Exchange 2003.

Goodluck!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back