Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade from 11.0 windows to 11.2 linux? No OK button on restore? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Barnett

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2021
US
So I am following the instructions to upgrade from windows server 11.0 VMPRO to 11.1 on linux.

I spun up a hyperV and mounted the install ISO for 11.1. It installed everything fine, and "ignited" the server.

I did a backup under system preferences on my 11.0 windows VMPRO client.

I copied the backup to the folder on the 11.1 server "other backups"

When I go to restore the backup I don't see an OK button... ugh

Any ideas?

I did the work and wrote some FAQs..... Give it a try and let me know.

It isn't as easy as Avaya would have you think, but this process works.

I have tested it a few time just to make sure my instructions worked.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks!

I have a question about the end of your guide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use the backup procedure outlined for the Windows server to back up The R11.0 voicemail.
[highlight #EF2929]So you have us do a backup of 11.0 here. But I don't see where we restore it below?
[/highlight]
[highlight #EF2929]Are you saying do a backup on the 11.0 linux VM or on the Windows server 11.0 version?
[/highlight]
Connect WinSCP to the R11.0 app server as root. Go up one level and navigate to opt/vmpro. Copy the Accounts, Greetings, and Names folders. Open the Wavs folder and copy all of the custom wavs. It is possible the wavs did not copy with the Backup. You can copy them out of the Windows machine if necessary.

Connect WinSCP to the R11.1 app server as root. Go up one level and navigate to opt/vmpro. Paste the Accounts, Greetings, and Names folders. Open the Wavs folder and paste all of the custom wavs.

Connect the Windows VM Pro client to the R11.1 app server. Open File/Import or Export. Choose Import and chose the MDB file earlier created. Click next and finish. Save and make live. This will complete the migration to the R11.1 app server.
[highlight #EF2929]So we never backup & restore from the 11.0 linux to the 11.1 linux? We copy files and restore the database?[/highlight]

Do the back up on the Windows R11.0 and restore it to the R11.0 app server. It will allow you to do that.

For whatever reason it won't let you restore either the app server R11.0 or Windows R11.0 backup to the R11.1 App Server. I tried that seven ways from Sunday before I came up with this procedure.

Yes. Copy the files and import the MDB. That is the typical way to migrate the Windows version from one PC to another as well.

I think I see the line you're referring to where it didn't make sense. I removed 'Use the backup procedure outlined for the Windows server to back up The R11.0 voicemail.' from the FAQ. I seriously appreciate the feed back. That line was probably a legacy line from one of the other four or five edits trying to get it right.

Have you had the chance to try it yet??? It worked for me and I would like to verify that I have it explained properly.

Let me know...[hourglass]

Thanks!

At the moment...I am struggling getting 11.0 app server to install on hyper V.
The 11.1 installed just fine. See screenshots below.

When I hit "re initialize" it gives me some errors and restarts.

I never got that error, but it did have a point were it asked to test the media that it jacked everything up. That is why I put this in the instructions.

Start the Virtual machine.
Choose Skip when it asks to test the media.
When asked to discard any data choose Yes.

Otherwise it sort of looks like some sort of error loading the ISO.

Turns out you have to use 2019 hyper v? I have 2016 and it wouldn't work. 2019 gives me the option for gen1 and 2.
I was able to install 11.0 now on a VM. I will let you know how the rest goes.

On your guide for 11.0 on hypver V you should change..

Use a browser to browse to (IP:7070) and login as root.
to say
Use a browser to browse to and login as root. (make sure to type out https)

I got hung up on that for a few minutes lol

On this part of your guide on the 11.0 hyper v guide.
[highlight #FCE94F]
Log back in at the new IP:7070
This will open the Initial Configuration screen.
Confirm System Name and Locale and Apply.
The system will restart.
The install is now complete.[/highlight]

This needs to say (not as root, but as Administrator (capital A).
This one slowed me down. trying to figure out why it wasn't logging back in as root.

I made those changes. I used Windows 10 Pro for my Hyper-V. I just did whatever version it gave me. I seriously appreciate the feed back.

Just wanted to let you know the guides helped a ton. And I am now successfully on 11.1 Linux app server. VMPRO

Perfect. I am assuming all the data transferred and is working? Throw me some pink... [thumbsup2]

Yes all data transferred well. I used FileZilla and connected with SFTP.

So our voicemail service keeps turning off on the new linux server.
Everything else is up and going... But voicemail just stops.
I have to go into IP:7071 and start the voicemail pro service again.

Any ideas.

If you are using R11.1 Feature Pack 1, Service Pack 1 released in June, there has been a Critical Patch released that may fix your issues. It can be downloaded from Avaya's support site. Look at PSN005872u for details. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back