Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Firmware for OpenStage 60 HFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaeedAyman

Technical User
Aug 28, 2012
EG
I need to upgrade my OpenStage 60 HFA phones to the latest version compatible with my OpenScape Business X8.
After checking the compatibility, I found out that I need HFA V3 R0.23.3
I cannot find the software, if anyone have it.
And I need also the steps of upgrade (in details please).
Thanks.

The Openstages get the firmware from the X8.
Update the X8 or load the firmware into the X8 and they will
get the firmware automatically.

The thing is, when I connect my OpenStage to the Openscape, the phone get registered, but the call does not get established.
It always gives my that the phone is busy.
So after deeper digging, I found out that I need to upgrade my OpenStages to a newer version.

-load the new firmware into the X8(expert mode->maintenance->software image->phone images)
-set as DLS IP in the phone the IP of the X8

Hi Ya,
The latest current version is V3 R0.33!! Released just last week.
Is available from the UNIFY partner portal download center is you have log in credentials you can easily obtain this. Not currently on the OSBiz image as yet, but V2 R1 being released very shortly will rectify that. Its about 24MB in size just so you know in case you have any limitations on downloading files at all.

Looking at the description of your issue above, sound very much like you haven't applied the license to the phone. Nothing works until the licenses have been assigned and that isn't done automatically. Go to Licence Management in the OSBiz and select Local User Licenses -> IP Users. If the extension you are working on doesn't have a "Green" check box in the first column, then it isn't licenses. You can dial out from the phone, but you will not get a speech path until it has a valid license.
Hope this helps

@togtek: The license is fine, the problem was that the OpenStage it self was registered fine to the OpenScape, but the call could not be established. Once I upgraded the version of the OpenStage, it worked fine. Thanks a lot :)

@xs650: Thanks alot pal! It worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back