Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade FC2 to FC3

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin97355

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
What is the best way to upgrade Fedora from a working core2 to core3? I've run up2date but it only updates to the latest core2 (with the settings on the computer now) What do I need to run or how do I need to change the settings? Thanks, Steve.

You need to change your yum.conf to reference the FC3 repositories. Then you usually want to upgrade yum, the kernel and glibc before doing a yum update.

Make a good backup.

thedaver, I found quite a bit on keeping your version up2date but nothing on changing between versions. I'm still looking.

To upgrade from FC2 to FC3, just run the install of FC3. It will detect the previous version and switch to update mode. It even updates the yum config to go to the FC3 repositories.

As always, an insurance-backup never hurts.

My question...

Does anyone know of a way to download all the errata updates and have the install use them while it's doing it's thing?

My first "yum update" took twice as long as the install.

Patrick

Patrick Bartkus, CCNP, CNX, SCM, RHCE Sr. Network Engineer
GA Dept of Labor IT Network Services
If truth were not absolute, how could there be justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back