Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade Exchange 2007 SP1 to SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
IN
1>Is the SP2 for exchange 2007 ready for deployment in production or is it still a beta version?

2>My setup is Exchange 2007 SP1. Windows 2008 64 bit SP2(being deployed)
*CAS & HUB installed on single server
*Mailbox Installed on seperate machine
*CCR Deployed at DR location
*Another CAS & HUB (installed on single server)at DR Location

(total of 4 servers in the exchange organisation)

Please advise me on how to go about the SP2 Installation on the exchange servers
Some questions?
a>Can i install the Exchange SP2 one by one on each exchange machine....will SP2 on 1 exchange server affect the working of other servers with exchange SP1?

Exchange 2007 SP2 is out since August, or September. You can install it freely.
In case you use Backup Exec as backup software, there is no support yet for SP2.

Thanks for the tip on BackupExec....any idea, what symantec has to say on this?

I asked them before few days. There is BE 12.5 SP3 out, but support for Exchange 2007 SP2 is not there. They told me they'll release an update for that, but didn't tell when.

Thanks....would appreciate if you can update me on the latest release of backupexec on dixson.almeida@gmail.com

Upgrading to sp2 is pretty straight forward and will take about 15minutes a machine.

The ccr cluster is a little different to do but the instructions are easy to follow.

It basically reinstalls the entire exchange on each server.

Then, after that, install the latest rollup for SP2. And don't forget to upgrade any administrative workstations as well.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

And you guys telling me that there is a rollup already for SP@? this is microsoft. Can someone point me to the link where i can find documentation for updating on CCR

There are plenty of sites around with articles on how to do it, including
Rollups are planned to come out about every two months or so, and include bug fixes and new features. MS has done a great job at pretty much keeping to that schedule.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back