Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade 8.6 to 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2001
US
The organization I work for needs to upgrade from 8.6 to 9.1. The change is being forced on us in two weeks, because of hardware compatibility problems.

Since the change is happening very soon, we are not going to have much time to familiarize with the new version. Does anyone have any recommendations and key areas to focus familiarization on?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
The upgrade process is very easy and so long as ur last version was working correctly and configured properly u should have no problems.
The only thing we missed here first time round was we forgot to install the new backup agent on the remote servers too.
Its much the same type thing just a more friendly GUI

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

So do you have to update the old 8.6 open agents before installing on the 9.1? Or can you go ahead and install the old 8.6 open agents to 9.1?

Install the main BE server first then upgrade the remote agents.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

I sm new to this, what is the BE Server?

Thank you sorry for my lack of experience

BE Server = Backup Exec Server = the server that Veritas Backup Exec is installed on.

-SQLBill

The scenario is we have purchased a new LT01 that is not compatible with our SAN. The vendor agreed to give us the new LT02, but that is not compatible with Backup exec 8.6.

Therefore we will install BE9.1 on the new LT02 SAN attached server, which will give us 1 month to migrate the BE8.6 to BE9.1 before the LT01 has to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back