Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade 403 v2.1 to v3.2 with 4412 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscaton

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
We upgraded our IPO switch last night and all seemed to go well. after the upgrade we noticed the top left button (button 1) on all of the 4412d+ was lit (red). can anyone explain why and how to make it go off?

lifting handset/speakerphone, unplugging and rebooting system have no effect. It is not a grave concern but an annoyance and hard to explain why (to the customer).

Thoughts?

can anyone explain why and how to make it go off?

1) Break it with a hamer
2) Put some tape over it
3) trow it away
4) get other phones

A serious answer, i have no idea at all :)

Why did you upgrade it ?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

What feature is that button set to, it's possibly an indication against the feature assigned to it, having never used those handsets I'm guessing though :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

We upgraded because it was recommended to do so since v2.1 is nolonger supported by Avaya. We also are implementing a remote site using IP phones and we had purchased 56xx sets which were also recommended but apparently won't work or won't work properly on v2.1.

the 4412d+ phones all have 3 call appearance buttons on buttons 1,2,3. it's only the top light that is lit RED. the bottom light functions normally when calls arrive/hold etc.

If it is button 1 and button 1 is programmed as an appearance then it is simply the idle indication. Otherwise known as the next button that an incoming call will ring to... I believe that changed from 2.1 to 3.0.

So what release did you upgrade from and what did you upgrade to?

So you upgrade for nothing actually.

3.1 isn't supported any more but 3.2 isn't too.
To be supported you must be at 5.0 at the moment.

The 5600 will work from 3.0 and higher so that isn't the problem.

So actually you did it for nothing if everything was working well :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back