Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrade 2x4 PCMCIA card VM to Partnermail VS 4.1 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalishock

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2004
US
I have been asked to upgrade an existing voicemail 2x4 to a VS 4.1 (4X20) setup. Switch has ACS 3.0 software. Do I need to remove the existing VM to install the new VM? What changes will need to be made to get the old VM settings out and new in? VS 4.1 will be in slot 5. Please help. ANY will be appreciated.. even if it is to tell me to just have someone else do it. HeLp! Thanks in advance.

Remove the PCMCIA voice mail and remove extensions 78 and 79 from hunt group 7. Install the new VS Mail in slot 5, and program the last 4 extension ports into Hunt Group 7, and their Transfer Return Extension settings to Ext. 10.

The actual extension numbers of the VM ports depends on what is in the other 4 slots.

Hi kalishock,
TTT is 100% on setup. There is no way, save writing everything down, to transfer the settings from one to the other. I think that was the second part of your question anyway.
-Chris

The other slots consist of 2x6 modules.

That would make your VM ports 38-39-40-41

#505-7-78-2
#505-7-79-2
#505-7-38-1
#505-7-39-1
#505-7-40-1
#505-7-41-1
#306-38-10
#306-39-10
#306-40-10
#306-41-10

Don't forget to remove the PC Card Mail at the same time as you add the VS Mail.

Thank you for the help.. VERY much. Im going to be working this thing tomorrow.. around 10am. Wish I had a number in case I got totally confused.. hehehehe kalishock@yahoo.com is my email.. if any help would be offered.. But I think that I may have what I need here. I really appreciate all the time you have taken to answer my question. Kudos!!

Well.. I gave it a go.. and all I could get it to do was.. ring a ton of times.. and after I hung up.. about 30 seconds later.. a line would ring.. take the other lines off hook.. and freak out on me. So I put the 2x4 card back into service.. and I have to find someone that can put it in for me.. and get it working. The guy that I am dealing with must think Im a dummy.. but I told him that I was going to find someone that knew more than I did. Lets hope he sees that as not wanting to screw up his system.. and wanting to get it done right. It is in Paramount, CA .. Anyone close?

kalishock - it sounds like you didn't take 78 and 79 out of the hunt group, and perhaps didn't wait long enough for the VS mail to boot up (it takes a couple of minutes, unlike the PC card mail which is all solid-state). If you have extra extensions in hunt group 7, calling 777 will ring the first extension, ring 4 times, hunt to the next extension, ring 4 more time, and so on. You won't get answered until it hits an actual working port.

Anyway, it's all a comfort factor - I'm sure you can find someone local to help you out (I'm on the Central Coast myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back