Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upfront cann't view Powerplay cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocktangcd

Programmer
May 20, 2005
CA
Hi,

I'm a newbie to cognos and I've just installed PPES 7.2 & PowerPlay Transformer Edition 7.2 on Windows 2003 server.
The upfront works Ok and so does powerplay transformer, except:

I successfully published the sample cube came with Cognos using "Publish to Upfront" in the Powerplay Enterprise Server Administration. But when I log on to the Upfront website as administrator to build a new report using the sample cube, it was failed and returned the following message:

"The request failed because PowerPlay Web was unable to create a temporary file. Try your request again. If the problem persists please contact your administrator. "

Anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot in Advance.

This could be becuase of insufficient access right to the temporary folder. Just to confirm this, please run all Cognos related service with admin id and test for the availability of the report.

Scottsdale2k,

Thanks for your reply.
I've check all the cognos services and for sure they were runnig at local system account.

Change them to run all the cognos related service with ADMIN account. Local system account may not have all required permission to create files especially if urs is a distributed install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back