Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Zen 3.2 using Java 1.31 probem with inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

batch52

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2002
US
I had zenworks working with the 1.17b java jvm but 98 workstations didn't import very well. Based on a TID I installed the 1.31 java jvm and broke the inventory function. I reinstalled the orb and copied the ncf files from TID #2962013, ZFD 3.X JVM 1.2.2, 1.3.x Inventory patch. However, I still get the same error with the

"Exception in thread "Main entry thread for NamingServer"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.omg.CORBA.ORB:
method default_bind_options(Lord/omg/CORBA/BindOptions;)V not found
at com.novell.orb.service.naming.NamingServer.main
(NamingServer.java, Compile Code)

java: Class com.novell.orb.service.naming.NamingServer exited with status 1

Loading module PFTDLBS.NLM
java Class Libraries for NetWare - 4.x Loader Aide
Version 1.10 March 24, 2000
Copyright 1997-1999 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
PFTDLBS.NLM does not have any XDC data
Module PFTDLBS.NLM load status OK
Java: Class com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.servercommon.
ZENWorksInventoryServiceManager exited successfully"

I'm running a 5.1 netware server, with a standalone database configuration. All of which was working until I intall the java 1.31 jvm.

Any tips on debugging this problem would be very appreciated. It looks to me as if the orb is not compatible with the new java, which doesn't make sense since the TID specifically calls out my configurations when it says this is the FIX :(

TIA, Barry

What is the service pack release that you are using? I am using SP3 at the moment and everything is sweet.

With ZFD, u need to be doubly careful about the process that you follow re: upgrading JVM and application of service packs and, strangely enough, the version of console one that you are using.

IF you are using an earlier SP, then upgrade to sp3, if you are using 4, you may want to consider backing it out and remaining on or installing SP3.

May the Force be with you,

Zen Ad maora ultra vitam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back