Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating VSE8 using EPO 3.0.2a

Status
Not open for further replies.

FengTeo

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
AU
Hi all.

I've posted this question in a different thread, but wanted to bounce some more ideas off you all.

We have (as the subject states) EPO 3.0.2a, and are preparing to upgrade to 3.6. We were currently running CMA 3.1.2.257. I upgraded the CMA to 3.5.0.513 on the EPO server (by deploying it to the server under the directory - is this what you're supposed to do!?!??!?) and deployed the same agent to one test machine.

However, when I go to schedule at task for VSE8 on this machine, I STILL do not have the options to do a selective DAT update only.

Any ideas?

I've tried readding the newer VSE8 installation package and NAPs with Patch 10 bundled, and still no joy.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers
Feng

I think once you register the CMA agent on the server and upgrade the server it will automatically update all your clients once the check in.

I could be wrong it's been awhile since I had my own EPO server

Hi Xavier2.

Thanks for the quick reply. Gee timezones are annoying :) hehe...

I checked in the CMA agent into the server by adding the package. I then used the EPO server to update the server itself, and about 5-6 clients. I've blocked deployment at the moment to the rest of the sites.

I read in the VSE8 manual that it only lets you selectively update if you have epo 3.5 or higher. I then read that if you have CMA 3.5 it'll let you selectively update in 3.0.2a :|

Any other ideas?

Hi there.

One further note. I tried creating an update task, and it does in fact update the client fine. So that's a bonus.

Now to figure out if it'll do repository based updating :) hehe

Thanks for your help! :)

yeah, it should do repository updating. So is it working properly now?

Hi Xavier2.

Thanks for the reply.

It's still not repository updating properly. I get no repository found even though it's passes the site test, and the sitestat.xml file and all the relevant files are there. I must be doing something wrong :|

It comes back with:

Starting update session.
Checking update packages from repository <Repository Name>.
Unable to find a valud repository.
Closing the update session.

Works fine off the master ePO server, but with sites scattered around Australia, and the WAN connection being somewhat thin, we need to get site specific updating happening.

I'll check a few things out and if I'm still stumped, I'll post back.

If you have any suggestions as to why it'd be saying that, I'd be glad to hear them.

Cheers
Feng

I know if I do a full replication to the repository it would sometime clearup the unable to find a valid repository error, and you might try deleting the remote repository and letting the EPO server recreate it, but you'll have to reassign the repositories under the agent policies.

OK I'll try that with a local repository. See how we go.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Cheers
Feng

Hi Xavier2.

Repository updating working fine now!!! Thanks for the tip about blowing away the remote repository... Worked a treat. I'll delete the others tonight and do a replication tonight (~50MB!!).

Thanks once again.

Cheers
Feng

That's great... glad to be some help, have fun with that 50mb replication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back