Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating table feild from a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydub

Technical User
Mar 24, 2002
US
I am trying to capture the value of a textbox and update a feild in a table with it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplich this? I have tried an update query but I can't get it to work.

Either set the recordsource of the form to that table and then set the control source of the text box to that specific field (which will automaticall update the table)...or use VBA...open up a recordset and find the record you want to update. The first way would be the easiest...hope that helps.

Kevin

Unfortunatly the first wont work. Only under certain circumstances does the feild need to be updated. I am not sure how to declare a record set and do it that way.

That's a class on VBA. Look up some old posts about recordsets, that should get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back