Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating profile problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudz

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
PH
First of all i really dont know where will i put this quetion so i just decided to put it here.

I have a problem with regarding upadating of profiles from a workstaion to the server then to another workstation. If i login into one workstation computer ,then checked my emails these mails are then updated in the my profile. Then this profile must be the same as in the server computer. But then when i login to a different workstation my profile in the server is not the same anymore as in the new workstation. It's supposed to be the same because all the workstations and the server are in full control to all.

I do hope for you suggestions. thanks

you need to enable roaming profiles for the users that need this. this is a bad idea to use for all users though because it eats the hell out of bandwidth.

Also - are your workstations 95/98 - as roaming profile setup & use for these operating systems is a little different to NT/2k/XP workstations (and if you've got a mix of 9x & NT based workstations....)

workstations here are mixed windows 98 and NT.

Are you using Roaming profiles?
How are they set up and defined on the server (in User Manager or AD, depending on server version)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back