Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating MAS 90 through ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanR

Vendor
Jan 6, 2003
CA
Is is possible to update MAS 90 Databases through ODBC with some kind of SQL "update query"? I know that the VI module allows file updates, but I'd like to update the sale price from another file during Sales Order Entry. Someone mentioned that alternative ODBC Drivers that allow writing of data are available, alternatives to SOTAMAS90, has anyone had experience doing this?

Thanks! Jonathan

Jonathan,
I have been using the provideX odbc driver to do updates
the the tables in MAS90. However I did find out that in order
to do a proper update you must "update" every column in the
table otherwise the data becomes corrupted. Basically, you
use the same values for all the columns you don't want to
change and only alter the columns you want to update. Some
tables will not even allow an update. Go ahead and test on
your table and see if it works but remember to backup your
data. Hope this helps.

George

Which version of the Providex Driver are you using...

We seem to have only luck with 3.2???

jms

We used 3.22. It is not a simple task to update the files, though, as we need to update the whole file, not just a field within as is the case with other ERP software we use. The latest version of Customizer is supposed to allow field updates, but we have not got this to work yet!

Cheers,

Jonathan

I am using the ProvideX ODBC driver 3.22 also. One of the tables that I could do nothing with is the IMH table in the inventory management module. That table holds information before the transaction journal is run. After the journal is run, it is emptied of its data.

George

I have been looking at my data a little more closely after
doing an update. I am using the Library Master repair menu
(1st option) to look at the data. After doing an update using all columns I found out that extra characters are being added to the end of the column. For example, After doing an insert in IM1 (looking at the table before and after the update) I find that there are 16 extra characters that are included that were not there before. Also, inserting into the GLE table causes a total breakdown whenever that table is accessed. Apparently, nothing actually seems to work with MAS90 except for the select statement. Have you had any better luck than me?
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back