Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Firework HTML placed in Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

raznov

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
US
I was trying to use the function in Dreamweaver to Updating Firework HTML placed in Dreamweaver . For instance I have a nav bar with a drop down menu in it and want to be sure that I can change it html and image wise and that it will be reflected on the many pages of this site.

The problem is that I don't think that the update function does this because the whole .htm file is in the document not linked to it. I guess I could just use it as an inclued file if this function does not work.

When I have used the fireworks HTML function in the past I have always found it easier to update it all by going back into Fireworks and re-inserting it after you have done the update.

I try not to rely too much on inter programme edit functionality with Macromedia Products as it always seems to be quicker to go back to where you originally created the images etc.

If you want to change the links only ,for instance, I would alter the HTML.

Hope this helps

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back