Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Collection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJC148

Technical User
May 14, 2003
GB
I have installed SMS on a single site in our organistaion. It seems to be running ok so far. However, recently I tried to update the collection membership on all the collections and now they constantly display a small egg timer on all the icons. I've tried rebooting the server and pressing refresh etc but they still remain on there.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Hi,
When you force an update like that the SMS will go through the DB to see which client belongs to which collection. Since you did it on all collections I guess it will take longer than if you only did it on one. What also makes this process take longer time is your hardware. Do you have a "slow" or a "fast" server?
Just let it be, it will sort it self.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's quite a fast server and the hourglass icons have now been on all the collections for 2 days now.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks

I stopped and restarted all the SMS services and it seemed to resolve the issue.

When this happens, its also a good idea to check the collection evaluator logs to see if SMS is having issues with a collection.

Thanks, it seemed there was a problem with the server that i put SMS on initially. After moving it to another server and double checking all the account set ups it started to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back