Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Antivirus 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNDaffy

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
OK I need help I have the moonbeam virus on this computer, but my Norton won't let me connect to get an update, what's up with this? I use AOL, and I cna't download the update from their site either! I need the right configurations please help!!

TNDaffy,

If you are unable to run liveupdate and can not download the defs from nortons site then you may have a virus that actually prevents you from connecting to Norton. I know there are several virus that prevent this such a W95.MTX which is fairly common. Try going to and doing a search for norton dat and you should find a copy of the latest virus defs file. Let me know if you are still unable to download it.

Thanks for your help I think I may be able to solve the problem, I have downloaded the new defintions on my computer and burned it to disk so I'm going to take it to my friends and install it from that, hopefully it will work
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back