Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating an MOH file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhuinga

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2007
US
My company recorded a new .wav to be used for our MOH audio source. Is it possible to name the new file the same as the old one, drop it into the DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere folder and then update the audio source config page?

If that wont work is there a way to update the audio source file without having to change everyone's phone config?

The instructions in the administration guide under "Updating a Music On Hold Audio Source" are pretty vague in this respect.

Admin Guide page in question

Thanks,
Brian

Well, I found the answer to my question. Here's the answer from the Cisco forum in case anyone else has this question.

Posted By: shannong
"If you don't need to keep the existing file on CallManager, you can simply place the new file in the "DropMohFilesHere" folder with the same name as the old one. CCM will find it, convert it, and overwrite the existing MOH files. This means you won't need to update any MOH sources. They all begin receiving the new version when MoH is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back