Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating a table field with a variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidvegas19

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
Greetings,

I am working with Access tables via Web Developer. I have two tables each of which are datasources for dropdowns. When the user picks a choice from each dropdown, a code is created from the results. In other words, the first choice in the first table returns AAA and the first choice in the second table returns 123. I have a text box that cats the two results together to form a code - AAA123. I am doing it this way as there are 270 possible combinations. I want the result (AAA123) to be updated/inserted into a field of a 3rd table. The only way I can figure out how to have this done is to display the code result and have the user type it in and insert via a detailview object. At the very least in this day and age, the text or input box of the detailview object (in insert mode) should be populated with this result. I have to believe this can be done. I'm not seeing it.

Is it possible to tell the program "Hey, take the resultbox.text and fill in the detailview field for me."?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back