Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

updating a form using time interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shy216

Programmer
Jul 21, 2005
US
is it possible to make a form update after certain time? lets say... requery every 60 seconds?

Have a look at the Timer event and the TimerInterval property of the form object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

i've tried using the timer event and timerinterval but it was doing something weird.

i had timer event to:
me.subReservation.requery
and set interval as:

but it kept on requering every second or something...

Hey, TimerInterval is a number of milliseconds !

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

oh i see. but for some reason, if i set the timer event for the main form, it won't do anything, and if i try to set timer for the subform, even tho im setting an event for the subform, somehow subform is link to that of the original form (subExample = frmExample).
So now if i open frmExample, it updates on timer.

I think you have to explain CLEARLY what you have and what you want.

Hope This Helps, PH.

ok. i have a form with nothing but a subform (subReservation). this Subform is same as a form i already have(frm_Reservation). I have a subReservation set as database view.
I want user to be able to have the form open the whole time(the form which contains subReservation) and when others update a record (like add a record) from frm_Reservation, I want that record to show immediately or after a certain time frame. Because right now, user has to close and re-open to see if there was an addition.
is that more clear?

I have a subReservation set as database view
???
You meant datasheet ?
Why not using a continuous form ?
You may ry this in the Timer event procedure of the allways open main form:
Me!subReservation.Form.Requery

Hope This Helps, PH.

ok i'll try that. yes i meant datasheet. sorry.
im not familiar with continous form...
i was searching the faqs and such for more information but couldn't find any.

Hi Shy216,
You can set the property of the form in the property sheet (to get the property sheet: dubbelclick the little square in the left corner of your form). Then go to the property Default View and choose (...) Continuous form. Then you can get all/multiple records on one form. [2thumbsup]

Pampers -

you're neven too young to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back