Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

updating 5420D 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
I have a new 406, just upgraded to R4.0.10, the 5420D's will not upgrade. I followed instructs on editing turn_on with the IP Address of the unit. When I double-click I get the message saying "press any key to continue", then I reboot the IPO, but the phones continue to say "please wait" with no indication that they are upgrading. Any help is much appreciated.

Is Manager still open and running? Is the TFTP server defined in the system?

Is Manager the new version 4 Manager with the 5410/5420 updates. Is the working directory pointing to the correct location?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

I did define the tftp ip address and the working directory appears to be correct as well. any other thoughts?

Sorry. The only time I've gotten that message is when I forget to leave Manager open, as that is the TFTP server for the phones. If you view the TFTP log in Manager while the phone is looking for its update, do you see anything?

Yes, I get "TFTP: unable to send C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\IP406V2V3_2\5420_R5.bin

So it can't send it for some reason?

It worked from another pc I loaded manager on, something must be off with my laptop. Thanks for the responses.

I had it also once
i did not had the time to look why it didn't
a 5410 did upgrade without changing something

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Big clue in this error message here...

TFTP: unable to send C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\IP406V2V3_2\5420_R5.bin

The phone bins are not stored here by default...

Change your working directory to C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\

and check that 5420_R5.bin is present in that directory

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back