Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updateable views - Can they be reverted? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahaws

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
Hey guys...
Ive come to a problem using an updateable parameterized view - vModiCust.

I call a modal form with a parameter lcCustId. i then requery vModiCust. I have set the control source for all my txtboxes to the VModiCust fields.

The user can change the customer information, throughout the form, but when they are done, I have a "Done" cmdButton that askes if they want to "save" or "cancel". When the user selects "Cancel", the view is still updating my table.

Is there someway to revert back to the old values if they select cancel? It wouldnt be like oldVal, because there are 15 txtboxes on the form that could change.

I tried tablerevert(.t., "MainTable"), but that doesnt seem to work. Any suggestions?
thanks
Angie

HI

Try

tablerevert(.t., "vModiCust")

:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Hey Ramani!

Thanks for the help. After I revert the view, do I revert the table as well?

Thanks
Angie

Hi angie,

Vies can be treated as if they are tables. NO need to revert the tables. Imagine the view as the table itself but with a filtered set of records (updatable or otherwise). That is the beauty of views. :) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

And they are beautiful! Thanks so much to all of you.

Have a great afternoon!
Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back