Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update virus defenitions before install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeloaf

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
GB
Is it possible to download the latest virus defentions for a complete install of an older version of norton?

For example I have norton antivirus 2002 and a 56k connection. Can I download the virus defenition files elsewhere (like work) and then install and run the update without going online?

Another reason would be if I wanted to install norton on a customers machine, do a virus scan then uninstall. I dont want a 30 minute download in order to get an accurate virus scan!

Cheers,

Mike

Yes, you can download the latest Intellegent Updater file as an executible and burn it onto a cd. Here's the link:

Then do a normal install, and run the executible file - it will update the definition file automatically. I do it all the time when customers have a dialup connection. It should be said that after a full scan is done, you should log on and do a Live Update, as there are other files that will need to be updated after a new install.

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most......

Yes you can do that,first u have to downlaod the the exe file and copy it to the nav folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back