Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update video drivers, now will only boot in safe mode with an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfyUK

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Help!

I have just purchased a new system:-

Abit IC7 Motherboard
Intel P4 3.2Ghz
1GB Corsair memory
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB
Ect...

I have installed Windows Xp with Sp1 and straight after the Intel chip set software (from the Abit CD). When the computer started up for the first time it did not identify the video card so I installed the drivers that came with the video card from the CD - no problems.

I have now been to the ATI web site and downloaded the new drivers (latest) installed them rebooted.....and here is where my problem beings..

The computer starts to load XP then the monitor switches off. So a reboot is in order, after the reboot I went into safe mode and windows complained about the video card drivers below is the error message....

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

So I rolled back the drivers and rebooted the machine, works ok, checked the (device manager) settings and they are exactly the same Input/Output addresses this does not make sense...

I have tried playing a few games on the system but it keeps asking me to update my video card drives..

HELP!!!!

Some of the ATI cards are a little finicky about this. In the readme file with ATI's Radeon drivers, they always tell you to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones. When following this proceedure, I have never had any trouble. (64Mb Radeon 8500 with XP Pro SP-1, BTW)

The Intel chipset drivers sound like the trigger for this.

You could uninstall your ATI control panel and downgrade you graphics to basic VGA; install the drivers from - fixes most glitches....

Andy.

I have tried those two suggestions and still no luck the
screen just switches off. :-(

Update Chipset Drivers from the correct website (Intel in this case...), then retry the graphics drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back