Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update to SystemWorks 2003 produces Runtime Error R6025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lram

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
US
I am running Win2K and recently upgraded Norton SystemWorks 2001 to 2003. Now upon boot up I receive a Runtime Error "Program:C\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call"

Then when I go into NAV Autoprotect is off and can not be enabled and Email Scanning = Error.

I have uninstalled NSW and reistalled with the same result.

Hi LRam, Having a similar problem. Tried everything to fix it but to no avail. error message. The Symantec Event Manager service terminated with service-specific error 4294967295. Auto-Protect does not load after installing Norton AntiVirus System Works PRO 2003. It says a paossible virus is disabling it. Any luck on this? Stacy

Stacy: I requested assistance from Symantec last week. They are to respond within 3 days which is today. I will forward any information I receive.

Stacy:
It appears your problem and mine are different. The Runtime error I was encountering is apparently a conflict between Systemworks (NAV)2003 and another process that is running. Symantec indicates that they are aware of the problem and are unable to duplicate it at present. They recommended that I uninstall the 2003 version and go back to the previous version (in my case 2001). I did this and have eliminated the problem. I will be notified when there is a fix for the problem.

Addressing your problem I would suggest going to the Symantec web site and running their online virus detection on your system.

Hello Lram
I have the same kind of problem. Norton AV 2003 Pro worked well on Win98SE, with IE5. The problem appeared when I updated Internet Explorer to IE6 (with or without SP1). I have two different messages : "... internal error (4002,515)" and "Runtime error ... CCAP.EXE R6025 pure virtual function call".
It seems that Symantec have now no solution, I updated NAV (with LiveUpdate), I updated DCOM from Microsoft as they suggest, nothing were solved and the antivirus protection was not restored.
The only solution was to come back on Internet Explorer version 5.

rbreton:

I may try backing IE off to rev. 5. and re-loading NAV 2003 to see if it will load without conflict. I too am running IE 6.

I Formatted my drives, then installed W2000 again. Then I installed all of my service packs, updates known to man. Then I installed NAV2003. I ran a scan again after updates. My system is clean. The problem seems to have fixed itself. I didn't service pack and run updates when I orignally did it. Maybe this helped. So far so good. Will keep you posted.
Auto-enable works great

Hi Lram

I finally solved my problem, even with the last version of Internet Explorer 6/SP1 (and ZoneAlarm that I suspected for a while). Find the file named rpawinet.dll and delete it (or rename it, just in case).
All the error messages disappear, the normal protection is set and everything seems all right.
Hope it works for you

RGDS from Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back