Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update the rest of the properties in Pull Down Menu in tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristodul

Technical User
Mar 22, 2007
US
Hi,
I create a data base and in the table I manage to have a pull down menu. I have 5 properties.
The only problem: when you open the table, is showing all the entries and all of them have the pull down menu.
When I choose one of the entries, the rest of the properties don't update.
Please let me know how I can fix this!

Thank You

You may want to reword your question, or elaborate. I am not sure everyone here can follow exactly what you are talking about.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I'm so sorry about my way of describing the question.
I have a data base with 5 properties.
I was wondering if is possible to have the following:
When I open the table in Object -> Tables to display only one row, and to have like a pull down window and see all the entry’s in the table.
I tried and I have the pull down window, but in the table are displayed all the entry’s and all of them have a pull down window.
Also when I click and select an item from the pull down window, the rest of the properties, in that row, don’t update.
I hope this will be easier to understand.

Thank you!

A form with its record source set to your table should solve your problem. I would just set the table to it's standard mode (no drop downs), then create a form, and you can use drop downs for the items in that form. I'm just guessing this will more likely get you what you are looking for.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thank you for the prompt response.
I will try to do that. I'm new user in Access. If I will have any problems I will post it.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back