Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Query? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwork

Technical User
Aug 20, 2002
US
This is rather complicated to explain, but it's probably pretty simple, actually.

I want an administrative form where you can enter the PRODUCT_ID field as the "filter" and then there are 2 fields below it where you can add in info. What I want a button in the form to do is trigger a query to update all records with the same PRODUCT_ID with the information I put in the 2 fields below.

Example

UNIQUE_ID: 40882
Rec_Date: 10/24/02
Rec_By: TRI

There are 42 records with PRODUCT_ID as 40882. I want the Rec_Date and Rec_By fields in all of those records to be updated (filled in) with the data above. So each of the 42 records will have Rec_Date of 10/24/02 and so on.

How can I do this? And is the easiest way to enter VB in the form or to trigger an Update Query of some sort. Either way, I need specific help setting it up, as I'm new to this type of thing!

Thanks for all the help!!!

strsql="Update table1 set Rec_Date = #" & Me![txtDate] & "#,Rec_By = '" & Me![txtReceivedBy] & "' Where PRODUCT_ID = " & Me![txtProductId]

'Change txt... with your control names Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This makes the post more visible to others in need!

Well I changed the field names - and i get no errors, but nothing happens to the data in the table called "Inventory"

any ideas?? :)

Private Sub ALL_BUTTON_Click()

strSQL = "Update Inventory set RECVDTE = #" & Me![DATE_REC] & "#,RECVBY = '" & Me![REC_BY] & "' Where PURCHNO = " & Me![PO_NO]

End Sub

Private Sub ALL_BUTTON_Click()
dim db as Database,strSql as string
set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("Your Database Path")
strSQL = "Update Inventory set RECVDTE = #" & Me![DATE_REC] & "#,RECVBY = '" & Me![REC_BY] & "' Where PURCHNO = " & Me![PO_NO]
db.Execute strSQL
End Sub Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!

set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("Your Database Path")

what is my database path? should i start at the server level ?

If your Table and form in the same database then
Set db = CurrentDb()
If Your table in another database then you need to specify the path like
Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("C:\Folder1\Your-Database-name.mdb")
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back