Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Query in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer007

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
CA
I have a form In where I need to calculate the total number of Animal Units (AU) based on a species of animals selected and Total number (NumLivestock) of animals given

The number of AU is stored in field "AU" in tblLivestocktype. The speices type is the other field.

I have an update query that links speices type in tblApplication to speices Type in tblLivestockType. I need the calculated value in TotalAU in tblLivestockType. My Query (in design view) looks like this:

Field: TotalAU
Table: tblApplication
Update To: [NumLivestock]*[tblLivestockType.AU]

I have a command button on my form that runs the query. When I run the query I get the following Error: "...can't update all the records in the update query...1 record(s) due to lock violations..." How do I go about fixing this error? It should be noted that when I run this query I only want it to calculate the total AU for the selected record.

Any help you can provide is appriciated.

Thank you

Jer

U might want to check your preferences in the fields your updating. This maybe the problem.

HTH
Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back